I was recently reading a great ebook that’s part of the #GloveIsAllYouNeed campaign, and wow, it really opened my eyes. The campaign explores germ trails, which I had never heard of, and it was some seriously interesting reading.
One thing I found interesting is just how many parasites, viruses, and bacteria have the potential to be in our next meal. There are more than 250 organisms which lead to illnesses. Campylobacter is a big one and it’s the most common cause of food poisoning in Britain. It’s found in most raw poultry and prevalent in raw meat as well. You’ve probably heard of Salmonella, and this bacteria is found in the guts of many different farm animals- affecting meat, eggs, poultry, and milk.
E.coli is found in most human and animal intestines however some forms of it can cause food poisoning. Listeria is also prevalent in soft cheeses and unpasteurized milk products and deli meats. Shigella is also super common and spread through contaminated water and food.
The answer to many of these problems? Brosch disposable latex gloves. Hand hygiene is super important and will help stop the spread of harmful microbes. Food poisoning takes 500 lives each year across the country, while 20,000 people are hospitalized. Food servers should be washing their hands thoroughly and using gloves to dramatically cut down on the spread of germs.
You’ve probably heard that cash can be a big carrier or germs, but I hadn’t realized just how many bugs are found on the money we all use every day. For example, did you know that the average banknote has 26,000 live bacteria? And a typical coin has more germs than a toilet seat. And close to half of Brits admit that they never wash their hands after they’ve been handling money. It’s easy to see why it’s so important that food servers put on a pair of gloves after they’ve been taking payments.
Food festivals are a common fun day out for many people. No matter what type of food you like, there’s likely to be a festival to suit you, with some attracting up to 50,000 people. Unfortunately, that means that there is a big potential for lots of germs. It’s crucial that both food servers and customers are washing their hands before preparing food or eating to help prevent the spread of germs- and the food poisoning that often results from it.