Refreshing your home does not need to be a daunting task. In fact, you can easily do this over the weekend. Here are some tips to get you started. By the time you are done, you will be surprised with the great makeover you just did in a short time.
1. Reface your old deck. You don’t need to do a major update but you can start with checking for damage or cracks in the surface that exist. Wash the deck, stain and seal. You can find stains and sealants at local hardware stores.
2. Clean up the grill in your backyard. Clean up the burnt food and grease with a steel bristled brush and use a degreaser food releaser to clean. Rinse and get it ready to use for the next spring and summer seasons.
3. Cut summer time’s overgrowth and grow new flowers based on the time of the year. Do fall lawn designs by choosing plants that thrive during this season. If spring is coming, then choose colorful flowers to add to your garden.
4. Clean up your storage space or garage. Disorganization happens when you neglect the parking garage or storage space and the mess can be a major eye sore. Box up and store what you want to keep. Organise a garage sale or give away what you do not need or want any more.
5. Decorate your home with great looking candle holders. If you like candles and use them but do not want to use the out-of-touch glass holders, make your own with pipe and fittings found at the local hardware store. Get creative and design your own holder(s), then paint and decorate for your own style and imagination.
6. Give your furniture a new look. You can repaint vases, picture frames, and any old art deco to appeal to you. Choose a great looking item that can be the focal point of your living room. Take time to clean up your fireplace – if you want this to be the center of attraction in your house.
7. Boast your travel by framing and hanging the travel maps you have. Show off your travel spirit. Stencil paint a canvas. Paint the canvas one solid color and then use the stencil of choice to create “YOU”! Hang at will. Show off your collection(s) by shelving them in an area of your home or hang them.
8. Replace your old-looking door handles and knobs. There are many different designs that would boost the look of your home. Check out http://www.doorhandlesltd.co.uk/ and you will find a wide selection of door handles that will make your home look so much better.